Ride The Walrus
Wednesday, July 17, 2013
All men profess honesty as long as they can. To believe all men honest would be folly. To believe none so is something worse.
-John Quincy Adams
No comments:
Post a Comment
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
►
2015
(306)
►
April
(106)
►
March
(50)
►
February
(150)
►
2014
(250)
►
September
(50)
►
August
(30)
►
July
(20)
►
May
(50)
►
April
(100)
▼
2013
(1066)
►
November
(100)
►
September
(200)
►
August
(60)
▼
July
(220)
Do not wish for easier lives, wish to be stronger...
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig tw...
Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory...
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or i...
He jests at scars that never felt a wound. But s...
Parvis e glandibus quercus (Tall Oaks grow from l...
My days are consumed like smoke - Psalms 10:23
What really matters is whether the alphabet is us...
Religion is like a blind man looking in a black r...
I fear the day that technology will surpass our h...
It used to be that everyone was just entitled to ...
Friendship is born at that moment when one person...
The opposite of courage in our society is not cow...
You build on failure. You use it as a stepping s...
We realize the importance of our voice when we ar...
I wanted to tell her that sometimes in my long sl...
The state - or to make matters more concrete, the...
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne b...
It is more important that innocence be protected ...
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the p...
It's only after we've lost everything that we are...
Find out just what any people will quietly submit...
Anger gives motivation without purpose -Master Yi
Let parents bequeath to their children not riches...
Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop...
There's the country of America, which you have to...
The world is a book and those who do not travel r...
The Government of the United States of America is...
If one morning I walked on top of the water acros...
I only know two pieces; one is 'Clair de Lune' an...
All men profess honesty as long as they can. To b...
What you cannot enforce, do not command. -Sophoc...
The country was in peril; he was jeopardizing his...
Instead of proving skeptics wrong, delight true b...
People of humor are always in some degree people ...
One must be sane to think clearly, but one can th...
One of the hardest tasks of leadership is underst...
The most important thing in communication is to h...
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand. -Char...
If you're expecting the world to be fair with you...
We are all connected to each other biologically, ...
If you love two people at the same time, choose t...
Life can only be understood backwards, but it mus...
Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the t...
So, you know, cats are interesting. They are kin...
People often claim hunger for truth, but seldom l...
As man advances in civilization, and small tribes...
The world is not in your books and maps. It is o...
If we can't laugh at ourselves and at one another...
Don't waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you...
The greatest crimes in the world are not committe...
You have to understand many of these people are n...
I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way ...
If there's one thing you can say about mankind, t...
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing the...
I am astonished at the foolish music written ...
The average man, who does not know what to do wit...
Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has s...
We must be our own before we can be another’s -R...
She was beautiful, but she was beautiful in the w...
The most important things are the hardest to say ...
Being kind isn't always easy. Or convenient. But ...
If only it were so simple! If only there were evi...
How lucky I am to have something that makes sayin...
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than ...
Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, Creeps in...
Human kindness has never weakened stamina or soft...
Don't live as the echo. Thrive as the sound. -C...
What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two ...
He that makes haste to be rich will not be innoce...
Men use up their lives in heart breaking politica...
Women marry men hoping they will change. Men marr...
A book is a mirror. If an ape looks into it, an ...
Do not believe anything because you have heard it...
The wound is the place where light enters you -Rumi
Here's all you need to know about men and women. ...
Depression is a flaw in chemistry not character ...
Instead of getting the image that courage is man ...
Together we must learn to compose differences not...
War is a Racket
At his best, man is the noblest of all animals; se...
Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity...
The world bursts at the seams with people ready to...
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't e...
Imagine that you are creating a fabric of human de...
Even a happy life cannot be without a little darkn...
Enter through the narrow gate.
You see, my kind of loyalty is to one's country
Education is not the filling of a pail, but the li...
Being right too soon is socially unacceptable
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist.
I always wonder why the birds stay in the same pla...
Within the next generation, I believe that the wor...
Even if one takes every reefer madness allegation ...
If you want to understand a society, look at the d...
Power resides where men believe it resides.
We should be too big to take offense, and too nobl...
It's a uniquely American prudishness.
But in some cases it is more creditable to be carr...
One of the sanest, surest and most generous joys o...
I am driven by two main philosophies:
We are all searching for someone who's demons play...
Many a man will have the courage to die gallantly
If war is the logical extension of diplomacy, then...
The true man wants two things: danger and play.
"God" is a sound that people make when they're too...
Life is Pleasure
For the very first time, the young are seeing hist...
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but ...
Declaration of Independence
A high school student wrote to ask,
We are not afraid to entrust the American people w...
Without debate, without criticism, no Administrati...
I don’t believe there’s any problem in this countr...
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity ov...
Thus did a handful of rapacious citizens come to c...
We have been told we cannot do this by a chorus of...
I love America more than any other country in this...
The first truth is that the liberty of a democracy
The day will come when our Republic will be an imp...
The tree of liberty must be watered from time to t...
I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws ...
Many forms of Government have been tried
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain ...
Thinking Man
Give me your tired, your poor,
Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file ...
►
May
(20)
►
April
(120)
►
March
(140)
►
February
(66)
►
January
(140)
►
2012
(134)
►
November
(64)
►
October
(70)
About Me
Charlie Asher
View my complete profile
No comments:
Post a Comment