Ride The Walrus
Sunday, April 27, 2014
I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it
-Harry S. Truman
No comments:
Post a Comment
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
►
2015
(306)
►
April
(106)
►
March
(50)
►
February
(150)
▼
2014
(250)
►
September
(50)
►
August
(30)
►
July
(20)
►
May
(50)
▼
April
(100)
“I want to live simply. I want to sit by the wind...
The minute you settle for less than you deserve, ...
Love is not about finding someone perfect, it's a...
Democracy consists of choosing your dictators, af...
I am homesick for a place I am not sure even exis...
If your head is wax, don't walk in the sun. -Ben...
I don't measure a man's success by how high he cl...
Originality is the fine art of remembering what y...
He wrapped himself in quotations- as a beggar wou...
There are two motives for reading a book: one, th...
At 18 our convictions are hills from which we loo...
A short saying oft contains much wisdom -Sophocles
Good teaching is one-fourth preparation and three...
Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish ...
When we are unable to find tranquility within our...
There is a great deal of difference between an ea...
The single biggest problem in communication is th...
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on sc...
When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I fee...
Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who h...
Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy...
The shadows of this life are caused by standing i...
Nothing can be so amusingly arrogant as a young m...
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work ...
Should we all confess our sins to one another, we...
Most of the change we think we see in life is due...
If Tetris has taught me anything it is that error...
Not to know what happened before you were born is...
The very powerful and the very stupid have one th...
We never decided to become dissidents. We have be...
What I like to drink most is wine that belongs to...
Washington is a city of Southern efficiency and N...
I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I ...
If actions speak louder than words, I'm the most ...
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's co...
Ordinarily he was insane, but he had lucid moment...
Do not spoil what you have by desiring that whic...
Say not, 'I have found the truth,' but rather, 'I...
In every age it has been the tyrant, the oppresso...
If you think that women are the "weaker sex," try...
I asked her what she wanted to be, she said "aliv...
If you see a man approaching you with the obvious...
There are three things a wise man fears: A sea i...
If you can find money to kill people, you can fin...
I loved you in the morning, our kisses deep and w...
I prayed for twenty years but received no answer ...
The oppressed are allowed, every few years to dec...
A man's respect for law and order exists in preci...
Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine...
A vacuum is a hell of a lot better than some of t...
The true man wants two things: danger and play. ...
If you're naturally kind, you attract a lot of pe...
A great many people think they are thinking when ...
For one person who dreams of making fifty thousan...
Our national flower is the concrete cloverleaf. ...
I have found the best way to give advice to your ...
Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual pow...
Before you speak let your words pass through thre...
Aspire not to have more, but to be more- Oscar Ro...
Misquotation is, in fact, the pride and privilege...
I find that a great part of the information I hav...
The more original a discovery, the more obvious i...
All the knowledge I possess everyone else can acq...
The wages of sin are death, but by the time taxes...
Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and yo...
It is possible to commit no mistake and still los...
I have always felt that a politician is to be jud...
The only difference between the Democrats and the...
I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag...
Life's barely long enough to get good at one thin...
The three saddest things are the ill wanting to b...
I really don't know what "I love you" means. I t...
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement ...
The charity that hastens to proclaim its good dee...
It is a curious thing... that every creed promise...
Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace; Where ...
Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure...
Can one generation bind another, and all others...
I'll always need to chase after you -Rumi
A friend is one who sees through you and still en...
That's what college is for - getting as many bad ...
A husband is like a fire, he goes out when unatte...
A healthy male adult bore consumes each year one ...
Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run...
If you don’t read the newspaper, you’re uninforme...
Rudeness is the weak man’s imitation of strength-...
All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power...
The point of public relations slogans like “Suppo...
My pain may be the reason for somebody’s laugh. B...
We’re developing a new citizenry. One that will b...
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is...
Music makes one feel so romantic – at least it al...
Maybe this world is another planet’s hell. -Aldo...
The whole dream of democracy is to raise the prol...
Libertarian: (noun) One who believes that oppress...
Life does not cease to be funny when people die a...
Three o'clock is always too late or too early for...
Life exists in the delicate balance between not e...
Religion is regarded by the common people as true...
The idea is to die young as late as possible. -A...
►
2013
(1066)
►
November
(100)
►
September
(200)
►
August
(60)
►
July
(220)
►
May
(20)
►
April
(120)
►
March
(140)
►
February
(66)
►
January
(140)
►
2012
(134)
►
November
(64)
►
October
(70)
About Me
Charlie Asher
View my complete profile
No comments:
Post a Comment