Ride The Walrus
Saturday, April 11, 2015
People who say they sleep like a baby seldom have one.
-Leo Burke
No comments:
Post a Comment
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
▼
2015
(306)
▼
April
(106)
Millions saw the apple fall, but Newton asked why...
A society grows great when old men plant trees wh...
We're all someone else to everyone else -Bill Wa...
Before you talk to me about your religion, first ...
There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler o...
Why should the Arabs make peace? If I were an Ar...
Sometimes me think "What is Friend?" and then me ...
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless...
It will beat you to your knees and keep you there...
Human emotions are a gift from our animal ancesto...
You religious right-wingers are the worst. You d...
I think the saddest people always try their harde...
To be honest, the best tea tastes delicious wheth...
Mankind is not likely to salvage civilization unl...
Be not ignorant of any thing in a great matter or...
Those who wish to appear wise among fools, among ...
Post coitum omne animal triste (After sex every a...
The devil can cite scripture for his purposes -W...
An entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables;...
He who gives to the poor will never want, but he ...
It is dangerous to be right in matters where esta...
You can't stay in your corner of the forest waiti...
Live a good life. If there are gods and they are ...
Not to know what happened before you were born is...
The present you ignore eventually becomes the pas...
The man who has sufficient power over himself to...
Deep within us—no matter who we are—there lives a...
She never felt like she belonged anywhere, except...
The really potent part of love is that it allows ...
If you can't handle me at my diddliest, you don't...
I don't care they stole my idea. I care that the...
He who receives a benefit should never forget it;...
She had blue skin. And so did he. He kept it hid....
Early to bed, early to rise, work like hell, and ...
We owe to the Middle Ages the two worst invention...
I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of...
All the world's major religions, with their empha...
Everyone in the world is on the same great ship c...
She was not a women likely to settle for equality...
All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lie...
I dreamed a thousand new paths. I woke and walked...
When I was a child, my mother said to me "If you ...
When elephants fight, it is the grass that suffer...
Whom the gods wish to destroy they first call pro...
I have no special talents. I am only passionately...
The most perfect ape cannot draw an ape; only man...
Let silence take you to the core of life - Rumi
It is only when the people become ignorant and co...
Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of t...
Between the optimist and the pessimist, the diffe...
He is not only dull himself but causes dullness i...
I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice le...
You build your reputation by being attacked when...
Will cannot be quenched against its will. -Dante...
There is room enough for an awful lot of people t...
The man who has begun to live more seriously with...
The high sentiments always win in the end, the le...
Only the shallow know themselves. -Oscar Wilde
Love is a word that has been hijacked by greeting...
Those that are most slow in making a promise are ...
Earth laughs in flowers. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Conversation is three women stand on the corner t...
Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the ...
We will have to repent in this generation not mer...
He had discovered a great law of human action, wi...
Congress is so strange. A man gets up to speak an...
Out beyond the fields of wrongdoing and rightdoin...
If anyone is crazy enough to want to kill a presi...
Attention to health is life greatest hindrance. ...
Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learn...
If you believe everything you read, better not re...
I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of...
Morality is a venereal disease. Its primary stage...
Destiny has two ways of crushing us -- by refusin...
You know children are growing ups hen they start ...
You don’t know how much you don’t know until your...
The thing that impresses me most about America is...
When kids hit one year old, it’s like hanging wit...
People who say they sleep like a baby seldom have...
Chase her. Chase her even when she’s already your...
By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by r...
Let the punishments of criminals be useful. A han...
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war,...
An onion can make people cry, but there has never...
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the ...
One drop of hatred left in the cup of joy turns t...
Once you've learned to study in a bathing suit on...
If you have a talent, use it in every which way p...
There's a hell of a distance between wisecracking...
I have a rendezvous with Death At some disputed ...
It is only necessary to have courage, for strengt...
I have an honorary degree...which is kind of like...
Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow...
The first to apologize is the bravest. The first...
I found your essay to be good and original. Howev...
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the maj...
If you would win the world, melt it, do not hamme...
I want to do with you what spring does with cherr...
Savor the imminent weirdness of the day -Charles...
For whosoever commands the sea commands the trade...
I choose to love you in silence… For in silence I...
Most human beings are quite likeable if you do no...
You have to allow a certain amount of time in whi...
Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to...
Stop quoting the laws to us. We carry swords -...
►
March
(50)
►
February
(150)
►
2014
(250)
►
September
(50)
►
August
(30)
►
July
(20)
►
May
(50)
►
April
(100)
►
2013
(1066)
►
November
(100)
►
September
(200)
►
August
(60)
►
July
(220)
►
May
(20)
►
April
(120)
►
March
(140)
►
February
(66)
►
January
(140)
►
2012
(134)
►
November
(64)
►
October
(70)
About Me
Charlie Asher
View my complete profile
No comments:
Post a Comment